Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer School

For both of us summer has entailed attending school. However, our roles have been different. My last day teaching was Friday. I have taught summer school in the past, but it has been to the students trying to get ahead. This year I was teaching those who failed. So, my experience was a bit different. I think my last day kind of explains it all. I have a student JENSEN was his name. This kid looked high as a kite every day. He would fall asleep drool oozing out of his mouth onto the floor because of the way he slept. It is never my policy to let students sleep, but after encouraging this student to stay awake so many times...it was his choice he was hurting himself. Every time they fall asleep they loose minutes, and they have to be in summer school a certain number of minutes or their buts are kicked out. So, any who now I am finished with background the last fifteen minutes of summer school the rest of the class and I are chatting. He's in the front of the room and had been sleeping all day (the last day in summer school is kind of a wash grades are due Thursday- most students don't come...but JENSEN had to be there because he'd missed too much time) So, without any warning he turns his head over to the side of his desk, and starts vomiting. I thought he'd spilled a drink (which he'd already done before and they're not suppose to have drinks except water). So I am getting super mad Jensen oh my gosh you spilled your drink. Then someone says I think he's throwing up...which he was. He didn't say hey I am feeling sick, I need to leave for a long period of time continued to throw up on the floor. Well being pregnant the smell didn't really agree with me. I was just said someone give the trash can I've got to get out of here. Then I called the office for the janitor, and stood just outside the door with the rest of the class. He ends up getting up finally and going to the restroom. Oh well JENSEN decides to not come back. I tell the principal. He calls his mom; next thing Jensen walks into the office. I was like were did you go? Oh he was laying a bench?? So, his mom came in and had a chat with the principle. We obviously suspected he was a bit hungover. When asked why are you sick? His reply was I either ate something bad, or I haven't eaten WELL WHICH IS IT BUDDY!!! The principal had to have a little discussion with the parent about drug use. I love being a teacher!

6 comments:

Eric and Jill said...

Poor thing! I mean bad enough dealing with trouble student but to have to deal with that too. That's good though that its at least over and done. Hopefully the pregnancy is going well though. Love, Jill

Kaitlan said...

That is just gross. I bet you are ready to be done with summer school. How are you feeling?

Kaitlan said...

that is gross. I bet you are ready to be done with summer school.

Kaitlan said...

that is gross. I bet you are ready to be done with summer school

Rebecca said...

hooray for baby phase in life! as a brandy new mom myself I am excited for you in a way I could not have been before I had my own kid!
xoxo
(I like evie a lot)
you are so cute :)

Rebecca said...

hooray for baby phase in life! as a brandy new mom myself I am excited for you in a way I could not have been before I had my own kid!
xoxo
(I like evie a lot)
you are so cute :)